Sunday, August 23, 2009

After reading on Yahoo that Norton was pretty rubbish I uninstalled it from?

my computer and installed AVG antivirus and kept with my Windows Firewall and various antispyware. I have noticed when I have to open an email attachment that it still says Norton on the box that I have to click on to download, it has confused me as to how it can do this as I uninstalled it? Does anyone have any ideas I would be pleased to here from you?



After reading on Yahoo that Norton was pretty rubbish I uninstalled it from?abtuvurys 2005



Are you referring to the attachments in Yahoo mail? That's not anything that's on your system - that's the anti-virus built into Yahoo mail itself. That does a virus scan on the mail server to make sure the attachment isn't a virus. It's got nothing to do with whatever is or isn't installed on your computer.



After reading on Yahoo that Norton was pretty rubbish I uninstalled it from?antivirus programs



Norton is not rubbish, in the 10 years I have been working IT it's had the best track record. We've had virus' come in and disable McAffee from the inside, and don't get me started on AVG. You get what you pay for and antivirus is no different, I've seen countless things slip past AVG. Norton is a CPU hog, I won't deny that, but I have never seen it fail to protect a network.
Here's a pretty easy resolution. All you have to do is to purge all Norton and Symantec files, etc. from your PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment