Friday, August 21, 2009

How to remove Chodebot virus?

Ok so...I'm not entirely sure how I got it, I seem to remember my sister stupidly clicked on some random link sent to her on MSN and it loaded the virus onto our computer. Thing is...none of my usual methods of removal work. I can't track it down on the computer for manual removal...it automatically blocks every major antivirus site (Symantec, Norton, AVG)...it won't let me download HijackThis, which is a key program for locating and dealing with such viruses...



So basically...I'm screwed. Normally I rely on Symantec's security site to offer me a removal tool, but I can't access it.



Any ideas? Please?



How to remove Chodebot virus?norton ghost



alright, it seems to me you at least know what your talking about, so i think you'll figure it out after this tip.



If the virus is blocking norton / other sites from scanning, that means that there a virus process running in the background of your system at all times.



Press ctrl+alt+delete, figure out which one it is (the hard part), right click that process and end the process tree (any other ones that rely on that process).



This will allow you to use norton or avg.



you might want to check out trend micro's free housecall online and see if that works (a very good program)



How to remove Chodebot virus?software

No comments:

Post a Comment