Friday, August 21, 2009

Would it be alright if I deleted an infected file myself?

I was downloading a movie off Morpheus the other day, and every since then my computer has been freezing and turning off. I've restored twice already and my computer still isn't working properly. I've ran several different spyware/virus deleting programs and I keep getting this "Alexa" file popping up, and the spyware programs say that it's deleted, but when I run another program it says it's still there.. so could I just go ahead and find the file in Windows and delete it? Or would that just cause problems? I'm not too bright when it comes to computers, so any help at all would be muchly appreciated! Thanks so much!



By the way, I've tried to run Norton AntiVirus on safemode and normal mode, but my computer keeps freezing and then turning off half way through the scan! ;(



Would it be alright if I deleted an infected file myself?photoshop



Alexa is installed with internet explorer when you install windows (i think).. It has long been suspected as spyware and should be deleted.



http://www.osvdb.org/displayvuln.php?osv...



You don't need to remove any peer 2 peer apps as long as you practice safe computing (Good firewall, Antivirus, anti-spyware and regualar updating of windows, don't open attachments/files from untrusted sources).



System restore is flawed. If you remove any spyware from your pc and the spayware was present in the config of your System restore the Spyware will be active again, if your anti-spyware software didn't remove it from system restore.

No comments:

Post a Comment