Friday, August 21, 2009

ZoneAlarm and Avira AntiVir - confused please help?

I have a free version of ZoneAlarm running on my computer. I did have Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition downloaded but since I installed ZoneAlarm I get a warning box flashing up that AntiVir cannot be found or has been modified or destroyed. I am unable to remove the AntiVir software from my control panel Add/Remove but it is still listed on there. My Zonealarm tells me that I do not have an antivirus software installed though my windows security centre tells me that I do. How can I remove Avira successfully and what antivirus program should I install that will be compliant with ZoneAlarm?



ZoneAlarm and Avira AntiVir - confused please help?norton antivirus 2007



Anti-Vir should work fine with your ZA firewall. I have used that pair before.



I would download Anti-Vir again, install it, and then you should be able to uninstall it with success.



____________________________



For another free anti-virus app, I like Active Virus Shield. A lot. Active Virus Shield is made by Kaspersky which is one of top-rated anti-virus vendors in the world. Best of all it's free.



In recent tests, the most popular free anti-virus, AVG, was only able to detect about 82% of a very large sample of viruses. On the other hand, Active Virus Shield was able to detect better than 99% in the same test.



Full test chart is here:



http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/defa...



Active Virus Shield has excellent virus detection rates and is extremely light on using your computer resources. (6mb ram)



Active Virus Shield detects and removes spyware, also.



Scans e-mail when using a local client, too.



And it updates up to 15 times a DAY with new virus definitions, 7 days a week!



Good stuff, free for everyone from:



http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivir...

No comments:

Post a Comment