Sunday, August 23, 2009

Please help me stop the pop-ups!!?

I have downloaded Yahoo! Toolbar w/ the pop-up blocker and recently ran a WinAntiVirus Pro 2006 on my system (got the all go signal). But I keep getting blockups!! I went away for 20 minutes to grab lunch and came back to 26 (!) popups!! Please is there anything else I can use?? Yahoo used to work but for some reason it's not working as good as it used to. Did I download something that AntiVirus didn't catch?? Anyone?? Going insane here!!



Please help me stop the pop-ups!!?internet security



Popups aren't a virus, typically. What probably has happened is that you have some 'adware'. Download AdAware by lavasoft. It's free and does a pretty good job



Please help me stop the pop-ups!!?network security



download Firefox



http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/



then in Tools %26gt; Options %26gt; Web Features , click on "block popup windows".
Download Firefox + Google Toolbar



99.9999% pop ups blocked
Go to www.Lavasoft.com. Download Ad-aware. Pay the small fee for it and it gives you Adwatch that catches those.

No comments:

Post a Comment