Sunday, August 23, 2009

Anyone have any tips for removing a Bloodhound.(whatever goes here, not sure what it was) virus?

This type of virus isn't just a low security risk, it is a very high security risk, annoys you, and frustrates and tries to wreck your computer. Right now, none of my stupid antivirus programs are detecting it. Downloaded and tried Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool. Didn't detect anything. But I KNOW there is someone trying to hack my computer right now. The Bloodhound. virus is like a gateway for a hacker. It turned my firewall of, i fixed that, destroyed NIS 2007 (I have it again now, I just downloaded a trial version :( ). It disabled Windows Defender, I can't turn that on again for some reason, and the stupid virus slows my computer down. Any step-by-step guides would be nice. I really need help!!!!!!!! BTW, I have Windows Vista, Basic Edition



Anyone have any tips for removing a Bloodhound.(whatever goes here, not sure what it was) virus?hijack this



Blood hound is a spyware not a virus. Most spyware is installed via cookies, java code and social networking. Tagging and bookmarket are a new tool for hackers to produce spyware. There is a consensus from about every major PC magazine that 98% of anti-spyware programs are worthless. They cant keep up with the onslaught of the billion dollar spam and spyware industry.



However, some signature based anti- spyware and keylogger blockers have a track record of blocking almost a %100 of the spyware on the market. The #1 is Webroot's Spysweeper. This company updates the signatures daily and blacklist IPs, scripts and codes that are known spyware. Its the best protection outside a security suite. But most people want freeware. So you get what you pay for and loose out on security.

No comments:

Post a Comment