Friday, August 21, 2009

Is it safe to go back on my computer? (Virus/Spyware/Winfixer-Relate...

So I was using Firefox and trying to translate a Japanese website and I wanted something better than Google Language Tools. So I clicked one result and 3 Popups and a dialog box asking me to download some free antivirus software appeared (I'm 99% Sure it's a WinFixer Clone), but I forgot about one thing, and clicked the X command in the dialog box. Suddenly a webpage opened. I didn't know what to do so I forced quit on my computer (I held down the OFF button). Now I know the whole bit on the WinFixer Trojan. I don't think anything downloaded yet because I didn't see the Firefox Downloads window. But now, I want to know, is it safe to turn my computer back on? I forced quit as soon as the webpage opened, but I'm not quite sure if it downloaded. This all happened last week. Can someone please help me?



Is it safe to go back on my computer? (Virus/Spyware/Winfixer-Relate...spyware remove



some computer parasites are able to sneak on a computer, once malicious website is visited, but as long as i know winfixer is not one of those. if you still suspect something, you can search for winfixer files on your computer to see if you were infected or not. here's list of winfixer files and registry entries: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-winfixer...



if you were infected with some other malware (not winfixer) then this method won't help you, so i recommend you to scan your computer with real antispyware: http://www.2-spyware.com/review-malwareb...

No comments:

Post a Comment