Friday, August 21, 2009

I am unable to use my computer after it had been hit by a virus. Can someone help me?

I have Windows XP. After I downloaded an "ActiveX" something or other, all *h*e*l*l* broke loose on my computer! I panicked and just quickly shut the computer down. Then got back online and downloaded AVG and Spybot and ran them. It seemed to have helped slightly, but still my computer is VERY messed up. I cannot get into "Safe Mode", and my "Active Desk Top" continues to flash off and on. I was able to access Add/Delete Programs (dodging in between flashing desktop) to uninstall AVG and Spybot and reinstalled my original Norton Antivirus. After a forever download, that doesn't work because it "needs" to get online (I hate Norton!). I cannot do anything! I'm a pretty good troubleshooter most of the time, but this--- is causing me to become ill! Help.



I am unable to use my computer after it had been hit by a virus. Can someone help me?avast



ditch norton. it's bloated and it doesn't do anything AVG and Spybot can't do. try Ad-Aware. it's another free program that works very well. if that doesn't work, then there's not much else that can be done. sorry. good luck!



also, you can use spybot to remove the activeX. go into advanced mode, then tools %26gt; activex and remove the one that's causing all the issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment