Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is my computer shot??

My computer shuts off at any given moment, like I just pulled the plug. It won't let me run ANY kind of antivirus (I have downloaded several to try). It will boot right back up after it shuts off, but it doesn't even give any warning usually that it is about to shut off, it just goes. Any advice??



Is my computer shot??anti virus protection



Hi,



try this first just take the sides off your system (unplugged) and then clean all the dust out of the fans and power supply using a soft 2 in paint brush, then get it going and download "AVG" and run a full scan, then use your yahoo spy-ware checker (on your task-bar) and run a full scan, then download a copy of CCleaner and run a disk cleanup with it, then defrag your Hard drive, Reboot your system, then do a new restore point.



this will help you.



links http://ccleaner.com/ and http://free.grisoft.com/



both these programs work really well and are FREE.



Is my computer shot??antivirus



Nope most likely from your infromation if it get to the point where you can log in and try to run something its the ram just replace it if its shutting off before it loads into the log screen then its either a bad power supply or the cpu fan isn't working exactly what was going on when this first happen and I would be able to better answer

No comments:

Post a Comment