Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Need help quick...Norton anti virus about to expire. Does?

anyone know of a cheaper good antivirus I might be able to download. I have WindowsXP installed. I don`t want tied to a 2 yr.commitment as I understand Norton is attempting to do.



Suggestions would be appreciated as I have about 5 days before my protection runs out.



Need help quick...Norton anti virus about to expire. Does?windows



i have windows XP and use Bit Defender 9. you can do a google search. i don't know anything about it...my husband installed it on my computer, but he says it's pretty good.



Need help quick...Norton anti virus about to expire. Does?antivirus download



The new Norton is so cumbersome it slows computers down so they barely work. We bought and installed it, had to remove it. Don't recommend Norton any longer; it was great in the past but no longer.
There is no "contract". If you are being given the option for 2 years of something it would be for 2 years of definition updates.. which are more important than installing the program in the first place.



Norton 360 or McAfee Total Protection are both reliable vendor suites that include protection against all types of malware (antivirus, firewall, antispyware, etc) and if they are kept properly configured and completely up to date.. then they are almost foolproof.



You can surely get yourself a freeware program but you will not be served well by it especially if you have little understanding of how these programs work.



Good Luck
Windows defender, its free, as well AVG free edition. I've never had a problem while using these. Google it and you will find the downloads for it. Use the two together.

No comments:

Post a Comment