Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Is there a program that can monitor which programs are accessing the internet while I'm using t

The background to this question is that lately I'm noticing my network light and my modem light flashing a lot more than it should be even though I am not doing anything as far as downloading or uploading. I've checked my P2P programs and they are not active and I can't tell anything from the active processes. I realize that there are programs that will access the net at times to check for updates, etc. , but I'm seeing more internet activity now than in the past. I can sit there and see my modem flashing for sustained periods and I don't even have a browser open and I know I'm not downloading windows and antivirus updates.



I'm guessing that there may be an innocent program that I've installed that is constantly "phoning home" or it could be a security issue. Scans with Nortons have all come up negative and I've also done root kits scans.



Is there a program that can monitor which programs are accessing the internet while I'm using the PC?virus



drop to a DOS prompt and type "netstat" without the quotes, it'll show you all connections established and what ip/domain name they're connected to



Is there a program that can monitor which programs are accessing the internet while I'm using the PC?anti virus



You can use the "netstat" command from the DOS prompt. You can run the command before surfing the net to get an idea of what programs are running and then run it again once you have started surfing to see if there are any new connections.
Kaspersky internet security is the best way to do it!



Download from kaspersky.com



thnx

No comments:

Post a Comment