Monday, August 17, 2009

Hi, can anyone tell me how easy it is to put windows xp on my laptop? I have windows me at the momen

I have a Dell Latitude C500/C600 laptop which has windows me installed. I need to upgrade to windows xp and have seen xp for 拢65. Please can anyone tell me if it is easy to install xp and has anyone any helpful hints for me as I am a complete novice where computers are concerned.



Also, until xp is installed I cannot install Norton Antivirus.Please can anyone tell me any free virus checkers I can download (and firewall? I was told I need this.)



Hi, can anyone tell me how easy it is to put windows xp on my laptop? I have windows me at the moment.?noton



FIRST!!!! Make sure you have a large enough hard drive to hold the new XP version and leave you with plenty of room to spare. I attempted to upgrade my Sony Vaio and XP filled the whole hard drive rendering the unti useless. If you have the room, its a simple insert the disc and follow the prompts upgrade.



Hi, can anyone tell me how easy it is to put windows xp on my laptop? I have windows me at the moment.?stinger



since windows m.e. was a ram hog like vista on a lessor basis. most machines that were designed to run m.e. can run win xp, but just to be sure go to the microsoft site and check the minimum requirements to run xp you'll also find that microsofts recommends somewhat higher than minimum for idea operation. if your computer meets the higher recommended requirements by all means feel free to install win xp on it. i did the same thing on a gateway desktop that i bought with win m.e. and i have had no problems whatsoever. as far as installing win xp just put the cd in the cd rom drive and follow the onscreen instructions. on a reasonably good spec pentium 3 computer the installation should take about an hour.
Insert the disk and the wizard to install software will run and remove the old files and replace with the new ones on the disk after asking you to shut down windows a couple of times...you dont need to do anything else...
email me from profile for more info..
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/114048/...

No comments:

Post a Comment